Re: Filtering DatabaseMetaData to show only the items for which the current user has access

From: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, "Langley, Scott E" <slangley(at)scharp(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Filtering DatabaseMetaData to show only the items for which the current user has access
Date: 2016-09-13 16:03:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dave>I think a connection parameter patch might be acceptable.

I think the main question is which filters should be enabled by default.
For instance: should it list a table that is read-only (i.e. no write
grants)?

However, I think it makes sense to hide those tables by default that are
completely inaccessible (neither readable, nor writable).

Vladimir