Re: pgbench bug / limitation

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Jawarilal, Manish" <Manish(dot)Jawarilal(at)dell(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench bug / limitation
Date: 2020-06-05 04:10:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 23:27, Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr> wrote:
> Attached is a blind attempt at working around the issue based on what you
> show below, that I cannot test.

I suppose we might be able to do something like that. It does expose
us to the implementation of Microsoft's fd_set struct, but surely the
shape of that must be pretty much fixed since if it were to be changed
then software that's already compiled would break.

I tested the patch on a Windows machine and it seems to work. I'm not
much a fan of the naming of the new macro though. Wouldn't it be
better to reverse the logic and call it IS_VALID_FD?

David