Fresh Restore - relation contains more than "max_fsm_pages"

From: "Maton, Brett" <matonb(at)ltresources(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fresh Restore - relation contains more than "max_fsm_pages"
Date: 2011-07-28 10:13:32
Lists: pgsql-general

postgresql v8.3.14

Can anyone help me identify why a vacuum on clean pg_restore database would
give this warning?
I've been told that the database was restored and not been touched since,
i.e. no inserts / updates or deletes. So I'm curious as to why it appears
to have been created with excessive "holes".

The table is pretty big 499GB and contains mostly encrypted text fields.

Also, for some reason the max_fsm_pages parameter has been set to 1,500,000

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brett