Tracing in Postgres

From: Harshitha S <hershetha(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Tracing in Postgres
Date: 2011-07-22 09:00:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I am trying to integrate a tracing framework in the Postgres code.
I need to know if elog.c under backend/utils/error is the place where the
changes can be made.

The tracing framework that I want to integrate has some additional
capability. I want to replace the tracing and logging functionality in the
existing Postgres framework with the APIs used in this framework without
making changes in every file.
If anybody has any inputs on this, please help me.

Thanks,
Harshitha