Re: Keystone auth in PostgreSQL

From: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi <vivekraghuwanshi(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Keystone auth in PostgreSQL
Date: 2012-03-15 21:18:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:38:19AM +0530, Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Can i use keystone auth with PostgreSQL, it is very helpful when i am
>> using OpenStack as a cloud service and implement DBaaS.
>
> I don't think so.  I have never heard of keystone auth:
>
>        http://www.bitkoo.com/products-keystone-how-it-works.php

Semantically overloaded, because I believe it refers to this:

http://keystone.openstack.org/

From my vantage point, a rehash of federated authentication of some
kind would be enormously useful, but it's not really clear if there
are any concrete implementations worth supporting directly: I only
wish it was much easier to delegate authentication so someone could
implement, say, Keystone without excessive contortion. (Or maybe
someone just needs to vend some advice on the "proper" way to
delegate).

--
fdr