Re: Gsoc2012 Idea --- Social Network database schema

From: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Gsoc2012 Idea --- Social Network database schema
Date: 2012-03-20 01:36:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> On 3/18/12 8:11 PM, HuangQi wrote:
>> The implementation seems to be done quite fully. There is even a patch
>> file. Why is the implementation not added into the release of Postgres? As
>> so much has already being done, what could I do in this case for the Gsoc?
>
> That would be good for you to research.  archives.postgresql.org will
> help you find the discussions around that.

I actually tried to find out, personally...not sure if I was searching
wrongly, but searching for TABLESAMPLE did not yield a cornucopia of
useful conversations at the right time in history (~2007), even when
the search is given a broad date-horizon (all), so I, too, an
uninformed as to the specific objections.

http://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1&q=TABLESAMPLE&l=&d=-1&s=d

--
fdr