Re: Standbys, txid_current_snapshot, wraparound

From: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Standbys, txid_current_snapshot, wraparound
Date: 2012-03-23 17:38:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> So we have this?
>
> Master pg_controldata - OK txid_current_snapshot() - OK
> Standby pg_controldata - OK txid_current_snapshot() - lower value
>
> Are there just 2 standbys? So all standbys have acted identically?

Yes, I believe this is the situation. All have acted identically.
Also, some new data:

I took a new base backup after the epoch increment and started a new
standby, and it reported txid_current_snapshot correctly, at least
moments after it became consistent. This morning, however, it does
not, and reports the 0-epoch number.

--
fdr