Navigating Databases / Tables in SQL Editor

From: Carlos Mennens <carlos(dot)mennens(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Navigating Databases / Tables in SQL Editor
Date: 2012-02-08 16:58:49
Lists: pgadmin-support

This may seem like a really novice question however when I select my
database in pgAdmin3, I then click the SQL window. How can I switch
database connections or show / describe tables in the SQL Editor?
Usually I would be in psql and just run:

\c dbname

\d (show tables)

\d tname (describe table)

Sadly my SQL Editor doesn't support psql commands so I was wondering
what the correct way to do this in pgAdmin3 would be...

Thanks for any help!