Authentication configuration for local connections on Windows

From: deepak <deepak(dot)pn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Authentication configuration for local connections on Windows
Date: 2011-11-17 23:41:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi !

When attempting to start Postgres 9.1.1 with hba conf for "local"
connections on Windows, I get an error.

e.g. I tried adding the following line to pg_hba.conf
local all user1 trust

and I get:
pg_ctl -D pgsql\data -w start
waiting for server to start....LOG: local connections are not supported by
this build
CONTEXT: line 92 of configuration file "C:/pg/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf"
FATAL: could not load pg_hba.conf
.... stopped waiting
pg_ctl: could not start server

Although, it is not clear what options I have to use while
building/configuring?
This same configuration used to work with Postgres 9.0.3, though.

Any thoughts?

--
Deepak