Re: Postgres restore help

From: Alessandro Gagliardi <alessandro(at)path(dot)com>
To: Piyush Lenka <lenka(dot)piyush(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres restore help
Date: 2012-02-28 18:30:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

I would recommend restoring the table to a temporary table and then using
something like:
INSERT INTO main_table SELECT temp_table.* FROM temp_table JOIN main_table
USING (pk) WHERE main_table.pk IS NULL
Someone else here might have a more efficient way of phrasing that insert
statement (I'm still fairly new to the concept of anti-joins). But I think
something like this should work for you.

-Alessandro