Re: Gather Merge

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Rushabh Lathia <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Gather Merge
Date: 2016-11-07 12:05:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Thomas Munro
<thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Rushabh Lathia
> <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Please find attached latest patch which fix the review point as well as
>> additional clean-up.
>
> +/*
> + * Read the tuple for given reader into nowait mode, and form the tuple array.
> + */
> +static void
> +form_tuple_array(GatherMergeState *gm_state, int reader)
>
> This function is stangely named. How about try_to_fill_tuple_buffer
> or something?

Hmm. We have discussed upthread to name it as form_tuple_array. Now,
you feel that is also not good, I think it is basically matter of
perspective, so why not leave it as it is for now and we will come
back to naming it towards end of patch review or may be we can leave
it for committer to decide.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.