Re: WAL consistency check facility

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: WAL consistency check facility
Date: 2016-08-27 05:36:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 9:26 PM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> I think you should add this as part of the default testing for both
> check and installcheck. I can't imagine why we'd have it and not use
> it during testing.

The actual consistency checks are done during redo (replay), so not
sure whats in you mind for enabling it with check or installcheck. I
think we can run few recovery/replay tests with this framework. Also
running the tests under this framework could be time-consuming as it
logs the entire page for each WAL record we write and then during
replay reads the same.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.