Re: Group role not shown in properties > Default Privileges after adding it

From: Aren Cambre <aren(at)arencambre(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Group role not shown in properties > Default Privileges after adding it
Date: 2012-05-28 14:39:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

Looks like pgAdmin's user handling is broken or nonsensical. Just as a
test, I created a new login role named *test*. Here's its SQL:
*CREATE ROLE test LOGIN*
* ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'md505a671c66aefea124cc08b76ea6d30bb'*
* NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE NOREPLICATION;*

Then I went to the *Tables* section of one of a db's schemas, started
the *Grant
Wizard*, then went to the *Privileges *tab, and this *test* account doesn't
appear in the *Role* dropdown. All I see is *public*. If I type in *test*,
I can't press *Add/Change *no matter what I select in *Privileges*.

This doesn't make sense. If I create a login role, it should show up here
and allow me to assign it to arbitrary tables.

And I can confirm that pgAdmin is not acting correctly through direct SQL.
If I run this:
*grant select on txdot_roadways_3081_transform to gis;*

(*gis *is the account I was trying to use earlier.) Then I can select from
that table using that account via another program.'

Why does pgAdmin prevents me from assigning any login account?

Aren