Re: Calltips in pgAdmin SQL Editor

From: klo uo <klonuo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Calltips in pgAdmin SQL Editor
Date: 2014-07-27 12:13:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Guillaume,

if not obvious here are some usage examples:

- novice user learning SQL or PL/pgSQL
- user learning PostGIS
- user documenting own functions

I've also attached two images:

[1] auto-completion PostGIS function
[2] calltip describing function basics, and providing information about
parameters and return values

Apologies for posting in wrong list, would be great if Administrator could
move the message thread to appropriate group.

Thanks,
Klo

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
wrote:

> Hi,

> Hi,
>>
>> I believe SQL Editor in pgAdmin wx GUI is Scintilla.
>> Scintilla supports calltips (as in SciTE with *.api files).
>>
>> If above is true, is there a way to make SQL Editor support calltips on
>> user defined commands?
>>

> pgAdmin uses scintilla on the SQL query tool. I think I get what calltips
> are, not sure what we should do with those on the query tool. Wanna explain
> a bit more?
>
> Thanks.
>
> PS: this should better go to pgadmin-support mailing list.
>

> --
> Guillaume.
> http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
> http://www.dalibo.com