Re: Help compiling --with-ldap on Solaris 11 Express?

From: Dave Pooser <dave-pg(at)pooserville(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help compiling --with-ldap on Solaris 11 Express?
Date: 2011-07-03 09:23:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 7/2/11 8:50 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

>Most likely what is happening is that one of the other libraries called
>by the postmaster is pulling in libldap_r --- a bit of research with ldd
>should confirm or deny that. If so, you could probably fix things by
>hacking LDAP_LIBS_BE in the configured src/Makefile.global to pull
>in libldap_r not libldap.

That worked perfectly-- thanks so much for your help!

Do you think this is a Solaris bug, or a Postgres bug, or is this a "works
as designed but sysadmin is an idiot" situation? If it's the first, I
might as well file a bug with Oracle, not that I expect them to be in any
hurry to improve compatibility with a rival DB.

--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com