PostgreSQL Developer

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Developer
Date: 2012-05-30 11:13:02
Lists: pgsql-jobs

2ndQuadrant has an additional place available for a full-time
PostgreSQL developer to widen our contribution to open source.

You'll be working mostly as a C developer on the PostgreSQL code base,
on specific projects and features. You'll be expected to provide
support and to contribute occasionally as a consultant, as the need
arises from the team. Travel may be required but only rarely. Time and
project management, the ability to focus and prioritise are all very
much part of the role.

We're looking for good people with a clear track record of successful
contributions to open source and/or database software in development
roles (only), as well as knowledge and interest in advancing database
technology.

Knowledge of any of these areas: security, performance, business
intelligence, very large databases, streams, indexes and high
availability will be an asset.

If you've got the skills and the self-motivation to succeed, please
get in touch. I'm expecting the unexpected, so explain your talents
and experience clearly to help me understand quickly. e.g. "I'm a
PostgreSQL committer", "I wrote Cassandra", "I developed feature X in
a MySQL fork", "I've been doing research into Y, writing code based on
Postgres" etc..

You can work from anywhere in the world that has a good/open internet
connection, as long as you can speak and write good English. You must
pass reasonable background security checks.

We're willing to wait for the right candidates, so this may be either
a very fast or very slow process.

Look forward to hearing from you, but please understand it may not be
possible to enter into long conversations.