Re: Windows Streaming replication -- Windows 2008 servers

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: chinnaobi <chinnaobi(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows Streaming replication -- Windows 2008 servers
Date: 2012-08-06 12:50:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:41 AM, chinnaobi <chinnaobi(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi All, It would be helpful if someone tell me, how to verify the streaming
> replication started in standby server successfully, just after the service
> is started ?? Like knowing the exit code of the service started...

It doesn't really work that way. The service starts up and begins
recovery, and only when it finds that it needs more write-ahead log
records does it begin streaming (or restoring from the archive). So
although it's normally quick, in theory there could be a very long
delay between the time the service is started and the time streaming
begins; so it's not something we can really report via an exit code at
startup time.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company