Re: Re: [TESTERS] FREE hosting platforms with PostgreSQL, Java SDK, Tomcat, ecc.?

From: Fernando Pianegiani <fernando(dot)pianegiani(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Johnston <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [TESTERS] FREE hosting platforms with PostgreSQL, Java SDK, Tomcat, ecc.?
Date: 2011-08-07 14:50:44
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-testers pgsql-www

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 4:22 PM, David Johnston <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> > this is very difficult, but it is exactly what I am doing in environments
> different from this one. Even if this risks to be considered (not so
> positively) as a request of charity... :-)
>
> At that point, unless you have confidentiality requirements, why not just
> tell everyone what it is you are working on and see if anyone responds
> favorably? It woul normally be deemed off-topic but at this point one more
> non-Postgresql post isn't going to make a big difference on this thread.
>
> Fundraising for a cause is quite a bit different than asking for a personal
> gift and it sound like your request falls into the former category.

Dear David, thank you for your post. I have not posted exactly a
non-PostgreSQL post, in fact I asked for information about possible services
of free hosting platforms with PostgreSQL installed. I repeat that I didn't
ask for a hosting platform but for information about possible inherent free
services.

The item of research focuses on the remote detection of events of health
hazard, like in particular the cardiac atrial fibrillation, by wireless
sensors installed on the body of the patient and a phone that forwards the
data towards the hosting. If somebody can be interested I pray him to ask me
for more information writing just to my email address. Thanks a lot!