Re: BUG #16351: PostgreSQL closing connection during requests with segmentation fault

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Hamid Akhtar <hamid(dot)akhtar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: johannes(dot)mols(at)googlemail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16351: PostgreSQL closing connection during requests with segmentation fault
Date: 2020-04-08 13:52:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 at 00:15, Hamid Akhtar <hamid(dot)akhtar(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, there isn't enough information here for anybody to reproduce the issue.
> Perhaps you can start by validating your own environment for any changes since the
> database server was running fine for almost a month before you started seeing this
> issue.
>
> For anybody to be of any help, they'll need complete steps to reproduce this issue,
> and a core dump that carries enough debugging information to track the problem.

Weirdly enough, we have received a handful of bug reports in the last
24 hours about unexpected disconnections:

- https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/1078
- https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/1079

None of the OPs haven't specified their network configurations though.
A similar report a few days ago
(https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/1066) had Azure to blame.

-- Daniele