Re: BUG #15823: application server could not be contacted

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: neharika30sharma(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15823: application server could not be contacted
Date: 2019-05-29 15:03:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 4:21 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> Bug reference: 15823
> Logged by: neharika sharma
> Email address: neharika30sharma(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.6.0
> Operating system: 64 bit
>
> I installed several versions in my PC to test which will work but nothing
> works.

You are not telling HOW you installed it ( i.e. "I downloaded the
installer for x.y from wherever and ran it doing whatever" ).

> The same error is coming again and again .

Error unknown to everybody but you. Is smoke coming out of the second
floppy disk? Card punch jammed?

> I am seriously pissed off right now.

You may be, but venting out against a list of mostly unpaid volunteers
is not going to be productive.

> I am using window 8.1.'

Do no know it, but there are a lot of knoledgeable windows users on
the list which may be able to help you.

> I don't know what to do, please help

Read the bug reporting guidelines ( you may have been done that yet,
thay are a little sparse on installation errors, as that depend on the
installer ).

Report with a little bit more detail. Something like "I download the
pinkfruit installer for windows 8.1 from their repo, double click on
it and get a dialog with the error "Cannot make directory
X:\doors\pg_data\database: 0xbadc0fee - cross polarization neutrino
flow" may be recognized by someone and have a simple answer. "I always
get the same error" is surely recognized, it has happened to me, but I
doubt the solutions for my debian linux on the two different case I
got this symptom apply to your case.

Also, the "pissed" chunk is going to greatly increase the
probabilities of people just stopping there and deleting your mail. I
routinely answer one of these a month, but I normally just redirect
the sender to /dev/null. ( That's a personal thing and opinion, trying
to help, not any official stuff ).

Regards
Francisco Olarte.