Re: An article about Etsy... and a migration from Postgres to MySQL

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: An article about Etsy... and a migration from Postgres to MySQL
Date: 2011-10-04 13:10:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Milen A. Radev <milen(at)radev(dot)net> wrote:

> "When "clever" goes wrong: how Etsy overcame poor architectural choices"
>
> http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2011/10/when-clever-goes-wrong-how-etsy-overcame-poor-architectural-choices.ars

This is very well written. It almost sounds like the problem was
caused by Postgres.

I take it as first evidence of a marketing department at the new MySQL
team. Hats off, guys and happy list monitoring.

I think we should keep the quote on our website to remind people...

"Etsy is the sum total of its data, so when it came to choosing where
to store our critical information there was only one sound choice.
PostgreSQL's strong emphasis on quality, stability, and data integrity
contribute to making it the premier open source database."