Re: WIP fix proposal for bug #6123

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP fix proposal for bug #6123
Date: 2011-07-25 16:57:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Kevin Grittner
> There's no doubt that it would be better the way you're suggesting;
> but it looks to me like about five times as many lines of code,
> harder to be sure it's right, and probably forcing me to learn a few
> new subsystems of PostgreSQL internals to accomplish.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make homework for you. Nor am I sure that the
solution will pass must all around even if I think it's the best thing
since sliced bread. I was just throwing it out there as what I would
like to have happen in an ideal world...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company