Re: drop src/backend/port/darwin/system.c ?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: drop src/backend/port/darwin/system.c ?
Date: 2016-08-17 16:23:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
>> /* only needed in OS X 10.1 and possibly early 10.2 releases */
>> Maybe it's time to let it go?
>
> One part of me says it's not hurting anything, but another part
> says that if it were broken we wouldn't know. And it looks like
> we can drop that whole subdirectory if we kill it, so let's.

I've discovered that when I build the source tree with coverage
enabled, the fact that that directory ends up containing a .o file
with no code in it breaks things. This is no doubt a bug in some part
of the code coverage toolchain, but all the same I'll be happy if that
file can go away.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company