Re: [v9.2] make_greater_string() does not return a string in some cases

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [v9.2] make_greater_string() does not return a string in some cases
Date: 2011-09-23 12:42:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 5:16 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> Can I have another chance to show the another version of the
> patch according to the above?

You can always post a new version of any patch.

I think what you need to focus on is cleaning up the coding style to
match PG project standards. In particular, you need to fix your brace
positioning and the way function declarations are laid out. Someone
will have to do that before this is committed, and ideally that person
should be you rather than, say, me. :-)

It would be good to fix the memcpy() issue Tom found too, and make a
careful examination of the code for anything else that can be tidied
up or made more bulletproof.

It seems like we are getting close to agreement on the basic behavior,
so that is good. We can always fine-tune that later; that shouldn't
be much work.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company