Re: embedded list v2

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: embedded list v2
Date: 2012-09-06 17:01:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Here's a prettified version of this stuff. I found one bug in the macro
> ilist_s_head: the test was reversed. Also, curiously, the macro had the
> same name as the struct, so I renamed the macro. I take it you haven't
> used this macro, so maybe it shouldn't be there at all? Or maybe I
> completely misread what the macro is supposed to do.
>
> I also renamed all the structs and functions by changing ilist_s_foo to
> Slist_foo. Similarly for ilist_d_foo. This is all mechanical so any
> subsequent patch should be trivial to refresh for this change.

I think this is a good direction, but why not just slist_foo and
dlist_foo? I don't see much value in capitalizing the first letter.
It's not like it's the beginning of a word or anything. Plus, that
way the new stuff will be more obviously different from Dllist, which
it will (I think) replace.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company