Re: [v9.2] Object access hooks with arguments support (v1)

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [v9.2] Object access hooks with arguments support (v1)
Date: 2011-10-21 16:56:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> wrote:
> I had checked my older implementation based on 8.4.x or 9.0.x that
> includes all the features that I want to implement.
> At least, it does not require so much different information from ones
> needed by DAC model, although SELECT INTO was an exception.
> It might be quite natural because both works similar things.

OK. It seems like it might be helpful to put together a list of all
of the things you want to check permissions on, maybe on a wiki page
somewhere, and indicate in there which ones are done and which ones
are not done, and what additional information you think is needed in
each case, and flag any MAC/DAC discrepancies that you are concerned
about. I think that might help us reach agreement on the best way
forward. Also, then, as we get things committed, we can track
progress versus that roadmap.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company