Re: [bug] Table not have typarray when created by single user mode

From: shawn wang <shawn(dot)wang(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, wenjing <wjzeng2012(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, tushar <tushar(dot)ahuja(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [bug] Table not have typarray when created by single user mode
Date: 2020-05-20 08:15:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> 于2020年5月20日周三 上午12:09写道:

> I think a safer fix is to replace the IsUnderPostmaster check in
> heap_create_with_catalog with !IsBootstrapProcessingMode() or the
> like. That would have the result that we'd create array types for
> the information_schema views, as well as the system views made in
> system_views.sql, which is slightly annoying but probably no real
> harm in the big scheme of things. (I wonder if we ought to reverse
> the sense of the adjacent relkind check, turning it into a blacklist,
> while at it.)

Thank you for the explanation.
I prefer to change the conditions too.

> I remain however of the opinion that doing this sort of thing in
> single-user mode, or really much of anything beyond emergency
> vacuuming, is unwise.

I do agree with you, but there is no clear point in the document (maybe I
did not read it all),
it is recommended to make it clear in the document.

Regards,
--
Shawn Wang