Re: Bug when a column is JSON?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: richard coleman <rcoleman(dot)ascentgl(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Fahar Abbas <fahar(dot)abbas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Michael Monerau <michael(dot)monerau(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug when a column is JSON?
Date: 2019-07-25 12:55:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 1:24 PM richard coleman <rcoleman(dot)ascentgl(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Sorry about the typo in the previous missive, it *should* have read;
>
> We've just gotten the 4.*10* release in .deb format. Will we have to
> wait until 4.*12* or maybe 4.*14* until we will see 4.*11*?
>

> Otherwise, what platforms *does* the pgAdmin developers release on?

We build source tarballs, Windows and Mac packages, and the container. RPMs
and DEBs are built by the PostgreSQL Yum and Apt teams respectively. Copies
bundled with PostgreSQL for Windows and Mac are built by EnterpriseDB.

> Since it isn't apparently *all* of the platforms that pgAdmin4 is
> developed for, shouldn't the pgAdmin4 developers do so?

Volunteers to contribute are always welcome.

If not, shouldn't the triage be better, and the rapid release be slower?
> As you are aware, there have been several instances where a new version has
> *broken* important functionality in pgAdmin4. It doesn't do a large
> portion of the user base any favors if the developers release a *fix* in
> the form of a new version a couple of days latter only to leave entire
> platforms bereft of that solution.

That is one of the reasons why a number of us have spent significant time
recently enhancing the automated testsuite.