Re: Query Auto Completion

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Avin Kavish <avinkavish(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query Auto Completion
Date: 2019-07-25 15:42:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:23 PM Avin Kavish <avinkavish(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> One major improvement I can think of for pgAdmin is query auto completion.
> In the Jetbrains IDEs, the database console does smart completion using
> relation and column names and even completes the join based on references.
>
> For example, to get the query below I only had to type "s * f ma ij mo"
> (with enters in between)
> [image: Screenshot from 2019-07-25 15-40-35.jpg]

Are you aware that there is already an auto-complete feature? When you want
to auto-complete something, just hit Ctrl+Space for options which will
popup in a menu.

> I'm predominantly a front end developer and willing to take a crack at
> this.

Cool - we'd be happy to take improvements. For example, there was a request
a short while ago to have the auto complete menu appear automatically if
configured to do so (if memory serves).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com