Re: \Copy and "Copy With Headers" -- every day these bug me.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, John Abraham <jea(at)hbaspecto(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: \Copy and "Copy With Headers" -- every day these bug me.
Date: 2012-02-20 09:17:23
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

>> Are you thinking about something like a preview dialog (Fetch first
>> few rows...)?
>>

> Nope. You can already do this with the editdata window.

Plus it wouldn't really make much sense. Viewing a few rows is helpful
when browsing an unfamiliar schema to get an idea of what/how data is
stored but when you want to export something, you are typically
looking for some specific data in which you are interested, rather
than a random set of rows.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com