Re: error while installing auto_explain contrib module

From: Sachin Kotwal <kotsachin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error while installing auto_explain contrib module
Date: 2016-04-21 09:23:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom,

Thanks for reply.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Sachin Kotwal <kotsachin(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Adrian Klaver <
> adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
> > wrote:
> >> Did you install the 9.3.11 server from source also?
>
> > Yes. I have clone git repository and checkout for pg-9.3.11
>
> The reason for that question is that the most obvious explanation for this
> failure is that the auto_explain build is seeing a different value for
> PG_USE_INLINE than the main server build did.

Ok. But I am not getting getting why auto_explain is doing that.
All pg_config parameters have correct value as per my installation posted
in last mail.

Is it correct behaviour of auto_explain or it is bug ?

> So probably your include
> path is picking up a pg_config.h that does not match the postgres
> executable the link is happening against.
>
> regards, tom lane

If pg_config showing following as INCLUDEDIR path

INCLUDEDIR = /Users/sachin/pg_git_install/9.3.11/include

How it can take pg_config.h from different include path?
Can you tell me where i should look in auto_explain to fix this?

--

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin Kotwal