pgpool II cancel the current transaction if one node falls

From: Loles <lolesft(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgpool II cancel the current transaction if one node falls
Date: 2011-09-21 12:56:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello:

We have a problem with pgpool II.

We have setup a replication system for PostgreSQL 9 using pgpool II with two
nodes. The system is work: when we insert some record in the pool (port
9999), the data is saved in node-1 and node-2. We can also stop a node and
recover it properly.

The problem is: if we stop postgres in node-2 in the middle of a transaction
(an insert of 1000 records on the pool), the transaction is interrupted in
all nodes. We want the transaction to complete successfully on live nodes.

Any idea?

Sorry for my english ;)