Re: full text search to_tsquery performance with ispell dictionary

From: Stanislav Raskin <raskin(at)livn(dot)de>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: full text search to_tsquery performance with ispell dictionary
Date: 2011-05-11 14:29:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11.05.11 15:45, "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

>it is expected behave :( . A loading of ispell dictionary is very slow.
>
>Use a german snowball instead.
>
>You can you a some pooling connection software too.

Thank you for the response.
Is the dictionary german_stem supplied with postgresql a snowball stemmer?
If yes, it sure is incredibly fast, but yields much worse results and thus
fewer and worse matches for search queries.

To use connections pooling is...difficult in my situation, to say the
least. We currently use quite a complex pgcluster/corosync setup for
multi-master replication, load balancing and high availability. To
introduce connection pooling to this setup could turn out to be quite a
big project.

--

Stanislav Raskin