pg_restore --data-only (-a) does not work

From: "Barna, Gary" <Gary(dot)Barna(at)storagenetworks(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_restore --data-only (-a) does not work
Date: 2003-06-24 13:37:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

I tried countless ways to try to restore data only for all tables using the -a switch. None seem to work. I was able to restore data only for specific tables using the -t switch, but I was expecting that I should be able to invoke a command with -a that checks all tables and restores all data appropriately. Here's the last thing I tried.

bash-2.03$ pg_restore -c -a -d [dbname] ../data/backups/[-Fc Archive]
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error returned by PQputline

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Gary