Re: Documentation: GiST extension implementation

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Documentation: GiST extension implementation
Date: 2009-05-20 16:10:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Le 4 mai 09 à 14:24, Peter Eisentraut a écrit :
> There aren't a lot of people who have the experience to write that
> documentation. So if you want to improve it, you will have to write
> it, or at
> least organize the outline. Others can help cleaning it up.

For the record, here's the current version of the documentation patch,
which still needs those items to be worked out:
- patch format
- proper English review
- consistent signature update for 8.4 (recheck arg)
- compress/decompress non void example
- multi column support in picksplit

I intend to try and work out those points, but it's all about areas I
don't (yet) know about. Of course I won't complete the second point
myself.

Regards,
--
dim

Attachment Content-Type Size
gist.sgml.patch application/octet-stream 12.0 KB
unknown_filename text/plain 1 byte