Re: New mug design

From: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
To: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New mug design
Date: 2009-12-04 21:27:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I'm happy to prepare the artwork for the new mug and was hoping to get it
done before I move interstate in seven days time to avoid a last-minute
rush. Can we get a decision on the text? Can someone summarize the options
so we can get to a conclusion?

Also, do we have a sample of the mug and artwork details from the
manufacturer. They usually provide details of the working area. e.g. How
close can we print to the handle and to the top and bottom of the mug?

Sorry Josh but I don't think a list of statements is appealing. As the man
said: vi is just an editor. When Tom Cruise stands on a PostgreSQL reference
guide, even HE looks tall!

On 5/12/09 7:17 AM, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de> wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 10:05:05 -0800 Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> Any reason why the idea of coverring the mug with a list of psql
>> shortcuts got shot down?
>
> Why psql? Why not the SQL syntax? Why not PG-secific functions? The
> latter one would be way more useful for anyone not using psql at all.
>
> You see: there's a broad field which should be coveres, psql is just a
> part of it and a small one.
>

>> The vi mug has been very successful for thinkgeek.com ...
>
> It's just an editor.

Regards

Rob Napier