vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "xxx" failed: ERROR: failed to re-find parent key in "pg_class_relname_nsp_index"

From: "Dane Dwyer" <ddwyer(at)skypath(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "xxx" failed: ERROR: failed to re-find parent key in "pg_class_relname_nsp_index"
Date: 2004-05-24 14:35:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

I'm receiving the following error message whenever I try to vacuum my
postgresql database:

vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "xxx" failed: ERROR: failed to re-find
parent key in "pg_class_relname_nsp_index"

Up until the point of the error, everything appears to be going
smoothly, and I'm not seeing anything scary in the postgresql server log
file. Is the database corrupted beyond repair? Is there an easy way to
fix it? Is there any known reason this might happen (i.e. should I be
more careful when/how I vacuum the database)?

For background, I'm running postgresql 7.4.2 under cygwin 1.5.9. If you
need any additional information, just ask!

I'm not subscribed to this mailing list, so if you would please carbon
copy me on any replies it would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Dane