Re: Vote on Windows installer links

From: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date: 2009-07-10 13:09:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

IMHO This discussion has gone on far too long with no clear policy
objectives.

My comments were intended to highlight what, in my view, has been a complete
waste of time and effort.

Read the apology at the bottom of my original post. I was using sarcasm to
emphasise the futility of this discussion.

I¹ve made the point before: What we need are policy and guidelines. Then
this sort of counterproductive discussion could be avoided by the simple
instruction:

³Please refer to our sponsorship guidelines.²

And it will help planners decide if/how they can/should commit to supporting
the community.

For my part, my business does what it can but we don¹t EXPECT anything in
return. But if we had more to gain, would we do more? That is the sort of
decision that Marketing Managers and bean counters have to ask themselves.

Rob