Re: New flyer, please correct

From: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: New flyer, please correct
Date: 2009-02-17 11:52:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh

A few things I'd change.

1. Select a more suitable typeface. I personally prefer serif faces for body
copy, despite the current trend to using sans serif. But if you must, use
Optima. It is the most readable of the sans serif faces for body copy.

By the way, that is not just my opinion, the great typographer Fred Lubalin
believed it too.

2. Lose the -- and replace with an em dash ‹.

3. The image looks good but should be held back to about 50% of its current
strength to make the text more readable.

4. The expression '-- not some company' didn't do it for me. I'd drop that.
A lot of the people you are targeting work for some company.

5. I think that speed, rather than performance, would be in my top 10, along
with the sheer power of it and its advantages in transaction processing
applications.

There is a little nit picking in that list but at least you know I took the
time to think about it.

On 17/2/09 3:56 PM, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> Selena,
>
>> I'm having trouble with the layout on open office, so it may print funny
>> as-is. I'm going to play with it a bit more and try to make it better. I'll
>> let you know how that goes.
>
> Just do "show changes" in OOo and I'll enter them into my copy.

Regards

Rob Napier
Managing Director
once:technologies pty ltd