Application Transaction Question... Postgres 8.3.6 - PHP 5 - Solaris 10

From: Carol Walter <WALTERC(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Application Transaction Question... Postgres 8.3.6 - PHP 5 - Solaris 10
Date: 2009-06-30 12:31:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I am creating an application in PHP that accesses a Postgres
database. This application works, but I have been unable to perform a
database task that is extremely important. My application is a admin
app that allows a user to insert records into several tables in a
database. The basic model is to put a record into two base tables
then join the tables with a bridge table. Obviously, this needs to
run the queries as one transaction. I have been unable to find a way
to make this work. I'm using the pg_query_params function to insert
the records. I tried using pg_query and issuing the begin and commit
in separate queries, but that doesn't work. Can someone tell me how
to do this.

Thanks,
Carol