Assistance with SQL

From: Aaron Burnett <aburnett(at)bzzagent(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Assistance with SQL
Date: 2008-09-01 03:31:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I¹m hoping someone can help me out on this one.

Two tables

table1 has 25 columns
table2 is a subset of table1 (create table2 as select
id,field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6 from table1) with just 7
columns
There is a primary key on ID

table2 was exported to a CSV, truncated, then the ³cleaned² CSV was
re-imported to table2

In a nutshell I need to find the difference between the 6 columns in table2
vs table1 and update table1, again, with the ID column being the pk.

Thanks in advance for any help here.