Schema, database, or tables in different folders?

From: "Carlos Oliva" <CarlosO(at)pbsinet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Schema, database, or tables in different folders?
Date: 2009-06-02 13:34:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a way to create a database or a table of a database in its own
folder? We are looking for ways to backup the sytem files of the
database to tape and one to exclude some tables from this backup. We
can selectively backup folders of the file system so we figure that if
we can create a schema or database or table in its own folder, we can
backup our database and exclude the tables selectively. We are using
Linux RedHat. Thank you.