Restore filesystem backup

From: Patrik Strömstedt <patrik(at)digstud(dot)se>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Restore filesystem backup
Date: 2008-09-13 13:07:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a big problem.

The backup (done nightly with pg_dump) at one of our customers sites is broken (well, it's overwritten and is of no use anymore). What is left is a filesystem backup that incudes the postgresql directories.

I'm trying to restore one of the tables from this "filesystem backup" (employee_pass (salaries..)), that has been deleted on the live system.

How (if possible), can I use this filesystem backup to restore the database into a working setup (off-site), from where I can retreive data from the one table (employee_pass).

This is on Windows 2000 Server, the Postgres version is 8.01 (I know, it's old...)

Patrik Strömstedt