Problems with psql : ERROR : pg_user: permission denied,and I can 't type \ in psql

From: Joseph(dot)ROTHWELL(at)solystic(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with psql : ERROR : pg_user: permission denied,and I can 't type \ in psql
Date: 2002-05-07 12:54:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello, I began using postgresql last week so please excuse me for my stupid
questions.
When I start psql with SSHLogin in Webmin under windowsNT, I get access to the
db I asked for but I always have the message ERROR : pg_user: permission denied
on the first line, before "Welcome to psql, the Postr...", Could someone tell me
what it means.
Another problem with psql is that I can't type \ which is very ennoying as I
can't even get help in psql with \?. When I type \, nothing appears and psql
quits.
Please help.