Re: NOTIFY / LISTEN silently parses and discards schema-ish portion of notification name ...

From: James Robinson <jlrobins(at)socialserve(dot)com>
To: greg(at)turnstep(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: NOTIFY / LISTEN silently parses and discards schema-ish portion of notification name ...
Date: 2009-04-16 14:19:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Apr 16, 2009, at 6:51 AM, pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:

>> Considered unexpected behavior, or at least in its undocumented form.
>> If value given to NOTIFY seems schema-qualified, the schema
>> qualification is eroded by the time it is presented to the listener
>> --
>
> See:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org//pgsql-patches/2007-02/msg00437.php
>
> Pretty sure 8.4 will not use "relation".

Thanks for pointer on a proposed patch, Greg. That patch looks like it
hasn't been applied to the 8.2 maintenance stream.

Looks like in 8.3 the grammar changed the name argument to ColId
production, which goes unparsed. Shame on me for using such an old
version [ 8.2 ], but hey, it works.

----
James Robinson
Socialserve.com