DBA tasks

From: Mark Matthews <mem(at)object-craft(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBA tasks
Date: 2006-07-23 22:43:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

Can anyone recommend good reference text, web or other, for general
PostgreSQL DBA tasks.

Stuff like:
* Things to do to clean up periodically (CLUSTER, VACUUM FULL, etc)
* How to analyse queries to optimise data retrieval (Use of EXPLAIN,
etc)
* etc ...

We are running Debian stable (sarge) and therefore 7.4. Moving to 8.1
soon (hopefully)

I am a developer who has adopted the role of DBA.

Thanks

Mark Matthews
Object Craft Pty Ltd
http://www.object-craft.com.au