List of table names of a DB

From: Deepak S <in(dot)live(dot)in(at)live(dot)in>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: List of table names of a DB
Date: 2015-01-08 09:41:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello, I am unable to find the function which retrieves the 'list of names of the tables' used in a DB.
Reason: I need a mechanism by which I can extract the names of the tables used in a query which has been parsed. My plan is to check for a match of each word in the query with a list of names of the tables used in the current DB so that each hit confirms a 'table name' in the query in most cases.
Kindly help.Thanks in advance.
Deepak