Writing Trigger Functions in C

From: Charles Gomes <charlesrg(at)outlook(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Writing Trigger Functions in C
Date: 2012-12-21 16:25:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello guys,

I've been finding performance issues when using a trigger to modify inserts on a partitioned table.
If using the trigger the total time goes from 1 Hour to 4 hours.

The trigger is pretty simple:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION quotes_insert_trigger()
RETURNS trigger AS $$
BEGIN
EXECUTE 'INSERT INTO quotes_'|| to_char(new.received_time,'YYYY_MM_DD') ||' VALUES (($1).*)' USING NEW ;
RETURN NULL;
END;
$$
LANGUAGE plpgsql;

I've seen that some of you guys have worked on writing triggers in C.

Does anyone have had an experience writing a trigger for partitioning in C ?

If you have some code to paste so I can start from I will really appreciate.

Thanks