Re: About tapes

From: "mac_man2005(at)hotmail(dot)it" <mac_man2005(at)hotmail(dot)it>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About tapes
Date: 2010-06-18 19:46:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ok, so let's try asking the question in another way.

Which is the difference between having more than one tape into a file
and having one tape per file?
I mean, we are peaking runs belonging to different tapes and merge those
runs.

Moreover, why space is reduced taking in account that we can free the
read tuples, when both using one tape per file or more tapes per file?