JDBC 9.2 DEV not working with Hex bytea output?

From: Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC 9.2 DEV not working with Hex bytea output?
Date: 2013-03-31 14:32:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi!

I've downloaded source code for JDBC driver in order to output warnings
during development phase of my application (so I can catch triggers
messages at client side of the application).

This is the only change I've made (System.out... in addWarning methods -
there is two: one for connection, one for statement).

Nevertheless, I has been obligated to change "alter database xxx set
bytea_output='escaped'" in order to work.

In our production databases we have this option set to "hex", and works
fine - is just with 9.2 DEV 1002 sources.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Edson